Many people with community care needs are excluded in some ways from participating in social and community life. Befriending services is one way by which they can be supported to be more fully involved.
Accompanying and befriending the Customer when outside of the home; by either walking or using public transport facilities.
Typical requests that can be asked of a provider are all or any of the following:
• assisting the Service User to visit friends/family
• accompanying the Service User on trips to the cinema/theater
• accompanying the Service User to a party, pub, dance or other acceptable social activity
• assisting the Service User to visit shops, bank, etc. and use facilities provided
• accompanying the Service User on visits to Doctor, Dentist, etc. and engaging as directed by them
• accompanying the Service User on job interviews or for periods of employment
• attending places of religion with the Service User
• accompanying the Service User on outings and befriending them
• helping the Service User to the start of a long distance journey